Skip to main content

Love: When I opened Pandora's Box (Remember that post about Voudou?)...yea.

 


 

2006.  Previously, I was introduced to the idea of Pandora's Box via an experience I had with someone from high-school.  That time it was music.  I was a slight music aficionado due to my older sister's boyfriend. He had opened up our world to music from the east coast.  A total split from what we were raised listening to in a household ran by a devout Christian.  Imagine my siblings and I in Houston knocking our rides with the Wu-Tang clan and the likes in the 90's.  Oddballs. 

But this experience with music through that person, my old high-school friend, introduced me to the classics. Black classics.  The soundtrack of my life from 2001-2006 had been Minnie Riperton, Jeffrey Osbourne, The Commodores (Zoom is my favorite) and more. 

And also a soundtrack that led me to the actual box. 

To me music and history are undeniably intertwined and when I opened this box.  I was taken back to the foundation of it all through what I ultimately learned. 

Black consciousness.  This was the box.  Handed to me by the hands of a young, handsome, suave, and cunning voudou priest. A babalawo in training to be exact. Whom I introduced myself to out of sinful interest.  I really had no business doing that.  Sometimes things are just meant to be though. 

The box he handed me led me to dig deeper into the skin that flanked me. It's origin and it's meaning.  It whisked me out of the throngs of traditional religion and into a space where linear living and thinking was minute in comparison to all it held.  

My life has not been the same since. For some reason, intermixed in our dealings was this calling by the universe to get full doses of black knowledge and consciousness.  

It helped me develop a strong sense of appreciation of my blackness when Christianity made me forget. I consumed myself with the history of my people, ancestors, black magic, politics, from the rooter to the tooter, I spent my time learning it all.  As much as I could and it changed my outlook on everything.  Boiling every experience I had and would have down to self and divinity and the lesson and blessing between the two.

It also helped me understand the world I was living in and not the imaginary one I could look forward to, because honestly, which is more important? 

Although the end between He and I was interesting and as it turned out, nothing.  I will forever be appreciative of his moment in my life and the discovery he had for me.

To my old Aquarius friend,

Thank you for handing me that box and thank you for allowing me to indulge you despite the circumstances.  You were as sweet as icing sometimes yet as tart as a strawberry, most. 

Signed,

An Aquarius. 

PS: How did you really expect me not to love you after four years? idiot. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life: Really tho...where do I begin?

I love blogging...I'm not a writer though.  I'm a 40+ woman with roots in the north and south. Deep. I've seen and see a lot. Even things that are unseen. Kept hidden, buried, forgotten.  I call myself an artist but the world doesn't see it so I now believe that I've misunderstood the very definition. This is a memento to myself and/or to those who keep wild thoughts but are afraid to express them and would rather drown in mine.  I have advice/tips too though but use or take at your own risk.  welcome to the dirty side of what I wanted to remain a beautiful one.  I can hide here and subsequently just...be.  xoxo - F PS: I'm tired of social media...I just learned that all are in fact dating apps? If true...then I'll be here for a while. by here, this blog. 

Art: I Don't Stay Bottom

  I don’t stay bottom   Spirit gave me instructions today > Blue, orange  for the monarch butterfly and the bug seen this am during a morning smk sesh in my backyard.   Both floated near by, in rhythm. First the monarch and then the unknown bug.    What struck me the most was how blue that damn bug was.    I watched it intensely to make sure it wouldn’t attack. Lol.   Both however… not staying bottom.  They floated...flew. Something I've been wishing i could do lately. Spirit spoke and hinted at “intuition” . Why? What do I mean?   I've been consulting ChatGPT lately because my soul has been disturbed after searching for information/confirmation my brain just can't seem to let go of surrounding someone. I found it.  I was led by intuition.  The info hurt and swelled in me like raging fire. It had to be revealed I guess. It caused tears, confusion...resentment towards the one true “essence”, Elohim . And then, as the bl...

Life: Congruency Fail 🥴

  I'm learning that what appears to be two equal sides can in fact be an illusion.  Congruency is a fallacy?  The "agreement" is...one-sided? Yes.  So, this is my achilles heel.  I enter into situations that I believe to be genuine and usually end up in defeat.  They say there is a lesson in one's mistakes and I do agree but that typically leads to self-isolation for me. I never realize just how naive I am until it occurs.  It occurred recently with several people, strangers, loved ones and I've been isolating now for a year plus.  And while I do miss these people deeply, besides the awareness here's what else I've learned and what I'm most proud of... My "detach" game? Oh, it's elite. But, I hate playing it. I really adore the thought of getting to know, trust, indulge, and love.  Yet all of these things as I'm learning are actually weaknesses? On what planet can one actually align and truly trust that they are valued/seen?